Friday, April 1, 2011

Geez

     Soooooo today was interesting. I shaved down a DISGUSTING cocker spaniel at work today. (Snickers, for those of you who follow this and KNOW who I'm talking about.) FYI: This lady asks her dogs questions, and then makes voices for her dogs, and answers her own questions in a high octave, pretending to be her dogs. I cannot make these things up.
     So, he's disgusting. Ew. I needed to disinfect my eyes after grooming that thing. So I get home, mom made an awesome meal. Delish!
     I'm sitting on the couch, my mom and bro are standing in the kitchen, and my mom goes to sit down on a cooler. Which has wheels. And it slips out from under her, and crashes into the baker's rack, which is holding 4 shelves of glass bowls, teapots, candles, martini glasses, candle holders, plates and various other ornaments. All of these come crashing down on my mom, my brother runs over to her and stands over her, shielding her (How sweet-really) as I watch in horror as glass and stuff falls around them.
     So, I put rubbing alcohol on my mom's various cuts, while she screams at me, and I put band aids on her. Patrick starts cleaning up the glass that is EVERYWHERE. Let's just say two glasses, a candle, the Magic Bullet and her new crock pot made it. Everything else, including the shelves, is history...
     Honestly, it was a slow-motion horrifying thing to witness. As mad as I get at my brother sometimes, the random, scarce, acts of love I see him perform tends to make me overlook that. Briefly. But I love my family.
     Also, I want a new job. Anyone know of any openings??

2 comments:

  1. did you make someone mad to get that dog or something?? lol i was just telling the girls at work about those dogs the other day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Damn...Snickers and that bitch Godiva...guess she started going back to the Winter Garden store. You're so very happy, I know. I felt so bad/sick doing Snickers...he's got the WORST skin and is just so sad looking =( Didn't/isn't she getting another cocker?

    2) I'm sorry your mom got hurt =( I hope she heals up soon. She can't be getting injured like that...because I said so.

    3) Good job, Patrick =) See, he's not always a doofus!

    ReplyDelete